LEASING VS BUYING
Getting a new ride near South Amherstburg, Windsor, Kingsville, or LaSalle, ON, is no doubt quite exciting. However, you may be torn between getting an auto lease vs. buying a vehicle.
That’s where the team at Amherstburg Chevrolet Buick GMC can help. Below, we’ll explain what it means by leasing vs. buying a car. We’ll also go over the benefits of each option so you can easily make a decision.
Read through our guide below, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
HOW DOES LEASING A CAR WORK?
When you lease a vehicle, you’re more or less borrowing it for a certain number of years. A small down payment is sometimes needed, and you then make payments each month for the duration of your lease.
Once the lease term ends, there are a couple routes you could take. You can return the car and lease a newer version of that model or a completely different automobile. However, you may decide you love the vehicle you’ve got. In that case, you can always finance the vehicle and continue to make payments until it’s yours.
Benefits of Leasing a Vehicle
There are several advantages to leasing an automobile, including… • Getting a new ride every few years : This allows you to take advantage of the latest technologies and safety features that come out with newer models.
• Covered under warranty : Most leases last for about three years, which means they’ll most likely remain under warranty for the entire length of your lease. As a result, you’ll be covered for various maintenance or repair work that may be needed.
• Smaller payments : With leases, you’re paying off just the depreciation of the vehicle. Combine that with a smaller down payment, and you could be paying less than you would if you financed an automobile.
CAR LEASE DEALS
You can also take advantage of certain car offers if you want to lease a set of wheels. With our various lease offers, you’ll put down an initial amount and then make payments each month that work for you.
These could be for such vehicles as the:
• Chevy Camaro
• Chevy Silverado
• Buick Envision
• GMC Sierra
Keep in mind that these lease deals vary by model, trim, and kilometre package. Therefore, you’ll want to speak with one of our specialists for more details.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BUY A VEHICLE?
Unlike leasing, buying a car means you’re making monthly payments to eventually own the automobile. Once those payments have been made, the car is yours to do with as you please.
You can keep it as long as you’d like. When the craving for a new set of wheels hits, there are a couple routes you can take.
You can sell or even give away the vehicle, perhaps to a friend or family member. The other option is to trade in the car to a dealership. If choosing the latter option, you can use that money as a down payment on a new ride—this could help lower those monthly payments.
Benefits of Buying a Car
Like leasing, there are lots of benefits to buying an automobile. They include…
• Ownership of the automobile : This means you’ll build equity and have an asset that could help you down the road. If you decide to trade in your car, it can help you get a new model with the updated features you want. If you decide to sell, that money can be used for an emergency or other situation.
• Freedom to customize : Since you’ll own the vehicle, you can customize it to your heart’s content. Wanting to repaint the body? Interested in upgrading the stereo system? Go ahead and tailor your automobile to suit your personality!
• No restriction on kilometres : Another thing you can enjoy as a car owner is the freedom to drive wherever you want. That’s because there are no kilometre restrictions. Therefore, you’re welcome to take lots of road trips with friends if you’d like.
Similar to leasing, our dealership may have various financing offers available to you. Whether you’re interested in a Chevrolet, a Buick, or a GMC model, you could find a special for it.
In addition to new vehicles, you may be able to find offers on used or certified pre-owned automobiles. Don’t hesitate to ask one of our staff members about them!
HOW TO LEASE OR FINANCE AN AUTOMOBILE
You may be wondering, then, how to go about leasing or buying a car. The first thing you’ll need to do, of course, is decide which vehicle you want to drive home.
Our showroom and lot are full of models that cater to varying lifestyles. They come in all sorts of body styles, color, and trim levels, so how do you know which one is right for you? Have one of our salespeople show you different models up close. You can also ask about different features and how they work. Finally, we recommend you test drive a car or two. Getting that full hands-on experience will help solidify your decision about a particular new automobile!
After you’ve picked out a new ride, you’ll want to visit our finance centre. One of our experts will discuss your lifestyle and daily driving habits so they can determine whether buying or leasing your vehicle would be ideal for you.
Either way, we’ll help you come up with a payment plan that works for you. We’ll also reach out to local banks and lenders to make sure we secure a loan or lease with terms you’re happy about.
Once everything looks good to go, you’ll simply sign some paperwork. Then, you’ll have a new car to drive home! Bring it back after the set time if it’s a lease or keep it as long as you like if it’s a purchase—the choice is yours.
LEASE OR BUY A CAR TODAY
As you can see, there are lots of good reasons to lease or buy a vehicle. If you’re still deciding between these two options, we can help!
Contact the team at Amherstburg Chevrolet Buick GMC to be one step closer to getting a new ride near South Amherstburg, Windsor, Kingsville, or LaSalle, Ontario.